On the 30th tithi of the Phalguna month, Falgun/Phalguna Amavasya is observed. Bathing in the Ganga and other revered rivers is very important on this day. On this day, devotees perform Puja tarpans are offered to the ancestors, and donations are made.
Know how this Falgun Amavasya will change your life?
Get an online astrology consultation
with a professional astrologer to find out the answers to all of your questions.
Chanting mantras and performing penance during the Falgun (Phalguna) month is essential since, according to the Hindu calendar, it is the last month.
The date of this year's Falgun Amavasya is February 20, 2023. On this day, anyone who chooses to fast may do so. This will raise a person's positive Karma, which will boost their luck in life.
On Falgun Amavasya, devotion to Lord Shiva is appropriate. It is said that worshipping Lord Shiva helps to ward off premature death, dread, pain, and illness. It aids one in overcoming challenges and obstacles in life. This fast is known as Ashwath Pradakshina Vrat in Hindu texts. The Peepal tree must be revered on this day. Worshipping Shani Dev is also appropriate.
Falgun Amavasya Rituals
On Phalguna Amavasya, Peepal trees are revered, which is said to be very helpful. Tridevas are thought to live in Peepal trees. The roots should be sprinkled with water and milk, and then puja must be performed using blossoms, akshat, Chandan, etc. Use a thread to complete the 108 Parikramas of the Peepal Tree. You should light a Dipak beneath the peepal tree.
After then, giving within one's means is likewise regarded as fortunate. These guidelines ensure that the family is at peace and that the unfavorable effects of the Pitra, Griha, and Shani doshas are managed.
The Snaan Daan on Falgun Amavasya
On Falgun Amavasya, bathing and charitable activities are extremely important. On this day, keeping maun vrat is also regarded as being very auspicious. Observing stillness, engaging in meditation, and taking a bath are all believed to be similar to Sahastra Gau Daan, in Dev Rishi Vyas' opinion. It is exceedingly lucky to dive in holy waters, particularly at Kurukshetra Brahma Kund. Additionally, it is said that giving to charity in this location in particular has endless advantages.
People from throughout the nation congregate near sacred rivers on this day to take baths. Additionally, devotees put Tilak on their foreheads. All of the devotee's requests are granted by doing this. The Amavasya Katha should be heard by all females who observe the fast.
According to the scriptures, Bhishma gave Yudhishtir a lesson on the significance of this day. The holy river bather on this day receives alleviation from all sufferings, according to Bhishma. Additionally, it is thought that by washing on this day, the individuals will receive the blessings of their ancestors and their spirits will find tranquility.
Read Also:- This Pooja Vidhi fulfills wishes on Maha Shivratri!
Falgun Amavasya Pooja
- Amavasya Falgun On Amavasya, Puja Ganga Snaan must be performed. The individuals can add a couple of droplets of Gangajal to the bathing water if it is not possible.
- After taking a bath, Surya Dev should be worshipped with Arghya and the Surya Mantra.
- Lord Ganesha should then be worshipped after that.
- It is appropriate to worship Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu.
- If the devotee wishes to follow the fast, a Vrat Sankalp must be taken; otherwise, regular Puja may be performed.
- Lord Vishnu should receive yellow flowers as an offering.
- To the Gods, Kesar, Chandan, etc., should be offered.
- Deepak's ghee should be lit.
- Applying Itra and Tilak is recommended.
- Dhoop and Diya must then be lit, and Aarti must be performed after that.
- After performing Parikrama, Naivedya must be offered.
- Ladoo or sweets should indeed be provided as Bhog, while Charnamrit must be offered as Prasad.
- Distribute food and fruit in honor of your ancestors as a way to remember them.
- Brahmins should be given food, and Daan should be distributed in their honor. Evenings should also see the lighting of Deepak and the performance of Puja.
Amavasya Phalguna Mahatmya
On Amavasya Tithi, praising Lord Vishnu and chanting the Bhagavad Katha are thought to be helpful. On this day, daan and good actions are rewarded indefinitely. On this day, puja and fasting are thought to be beneficial for the well-being of families and young children. A particular Puja should be performed and a fast should be observed on this day to help those who are struggling from Pitra Dosha or who may have this Dosha in their horoscope.
Learn astrology courses online
from the best astrologer in India. Learn about astrology’s different aspects, like readings, predictions, and more. Free astrology classes
are available as well. Further, explore numerology course, palmistry course, Vastu course, and medical astrology with astrology certification. Register now.
Watch our Youtube Video about जन्म लग्न – शनि देव क्या फल देंगे जन्म लग्न में?